Jun 3, 2009

Ah, the Wait...

Alright, so even if you aren't preggo, everyone goes to the doctor. You have someone you go see when something is wrong. In order to go see this person and trust them with your health, you must like them. If you don't like them, you probably change doctors. I would say it is almost certain that people like their doctors. Well, I am having some concerns, so I wanted to throw that out there so that those of you reading this could relate even if you aren't pregnant.

So I started my prenatal care in Starkville (duh). I was somewhat happy with the doctor. I had been seeing him the whole time we were living there so it was kinda a given I would continue once I got pregnant. Well, for some reason I just started not liking him as much... I know, very odd. Anyway, I was happy that I was going back to Florence so that I could see my old doctor from high school. This doctor totally rocks. I absolutely love him. He is the type that will come into the room and just talk to you forever. He makes you feel like you are his only patient and I love that. Well, I had my first appointment with him recently and everything went well. Then, I talked to our insurance company and it turns out he is not a provider! UGH! I won't even get started on insurance. It's all just silly to me. Too many rules. Soooo, I now have to change doctors again so that I can see someone who is a Tricare provider. So I schedule an appointment with doctor number 3. I am already not impressed. I have called the office on two separate occassions and talked to two different girls and they were both INCREDIBLY rude. (I have to side track for a moment and discuss proper customer relations. This has to be my absolute biggest pet peeve in the entire world. If I call your company/office, I expect you to treat me with respect. I am giving you my business. Your job is to be cordial and accomodating. If you can't do your job then you need to find another one. I also don't care if you've had the day from hell, you better not let me know that. You woke up late, stubbed your toe, ran out of hot water, got in a fight with your husband and hit a curb on the way to work? Fabulous. You still better pick up that phone and answer my questions like you are runnning for office.) Ok, off that soapbox, back to the doctor. So I was already irritated with the rude receptionists. Then, I called a third time to find out whether or not they would be doing an ultrasound on this visit (mom likes to go with me to my visits now since Adam isn't here and she insists on being there for all the ultrasounds). Well, perhaps I am naive, but I assumed they did an ultrasound at every monthly visit. Isn't that the best way to tell that everything is going as it should? Well the receptionist said that they would not be doing an ultrasound until 20 weeks (I will be 16 when I go). She also said that it would not even be with the docotor! What?! My first appointment at this place and I don't even get to meet my docotor? That sounds retarded. She said the initial OB appointments are very lengthy so the nurse practioner handles them. Ugh, I am so frustrated. However, there isn't anything I can do about it since he is the only practice around that is a Tricare provider. (And again we come to the resentment of health insurance.) What all of this means is that we won't be finding out the sex of the baby until the end of July. Total bummer. I want to know NOW! I have always been a very impatient person, but this is torture! I see all these cute baby clothes I want to buy and I can't get anything because we don't know the sex yet. Oh well, I know I just need to enjoy the time and it will fly by.


On a more positive note (once again I appologize for all the negativity), I get to go to Nashville tomorrow to see Jeff. I am totally looking forward to it. I really hate I can't go out and drink and explore the town, but there will be plenty of time for that after the baby is born. I am so lucky to have parents that adore children. To be honest, I will be lucky if I ever get to hold my baby once it's born... that's how obsessed mom is with babies. She is the type who would say "oh Jess, you need to get out. Let me watch the baby and you go do something." I didn't realize that for some people that is the out of the ordinary. I assumed that's how all grandparents are; Wanting you to leave so they can watch the baby. However I have recently discovered that not all families are like that. Blows my mind but at the same time makes me very thankful for my parents.

And lastly, I have GOT to find a job!!! I cannot stay at the house anymore!!! But who in the world is going to hire a pregnant lady who is only going to be here for a year?? I need a nice temporary job just to get me out of the house. Any suggestions? My mom says that I need to find something that won't require me to be on my feet all day. I don't understand her logic now, but I am assuming that as I get bigger this will be of vital importance. I like being on my feet and running around. I can't stand a job where I just sit still all day. Well, if anyone can think of anything, PLEASE let me know!!

4 comments:

Tassie said...

Go see the guy that does the ultrasounds from his video store....a couple of teachers here did that....unlimited ultrasounds!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am pretty good at guessing the sex (ask a few other Sudduth folks). I say go buy some BOY clothes. If I am wrong, the worst that can happen is you have to return a few things!

LT (and Max) said...

1. ok, so, unlike angie, i'm BAD about guessing baby genders. seriously. 90% of the time I'm wrong. My guess from the beginning was girl, but reading angies comment sure does make me wonder...
2. i can't stand annoying people. sorry you have to deal with them. esp. being pregnant and all.
3. job? come back here! (well...maybe that wouldn't make the most sense)
4. you're cute.

Becky said...

I totally agree with the rude people thing, that would make me not wanna go in the first place! If you don't want to work for the public, don't get a job where your main responsibility is customer service! :) Anyway, great that you get to get out and visit Jeff! That will be lots of fun! I thought you would like the bro/sis story on the blog! As for a job...what about some kind of receptionist at a doctors office or something? A lot of places in Florence are probably used to hiring temporary employees because of UNA. Maybe even go on their (UNA's)website and look for people looking to hire "students" just to see what is out there and go from there. Good luck!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews