Day 10: Something You're afraid of
Well, since I've already gone into depth about the paranormal stuff, I've decided to make a list of things I'm afraid of. I also realize it's quite sad to have enough fears to even make a list, but that's just me - scaredy pants.
1. FAILURE: I often have nightmares about this one. As I have also mentioned before, I am a complete perfectionist and if I don't live up to my (most often, unattainable) standards, I freak out. If I make a mistake, I usually cry and dwell on it for at least 2 weeks. Wow. Are you sure you want to continue reading all this?
2. Something tragic happening to someone I love: Is it normal to think the worst when someone is late getting home? Its sad really, but I end up imagining all these worst case scenarios when Adam isn't home when he says he's going to be home. And don't even get me started on Maggie Claire. After all the horrible things in the news and movies, this kid will be lucky if she's EVER allowed out of the house.
3. Spiders: I was bitten by a spider people. And I don't mean I woke up one morning and had a red place on my arm. I woke up one morning and had a gigantic welp on my cheek which continued to swell and was SOOO painful. They first told me it was a brown recluse - oh yes, I freaked. I was instantly swarmed with images of my face rotting off like some horrible Steven King movie. We drove to Vanderbilt for a second opinion. Thankfully not a brown recluse, but they weren't sure what kind of spider it was. I won't go into details about the ordeal, but needless to say- no spiders for me, thank you.
4. Any insects that jump or fly (i.e., crickets, grasshoppers, dragonflies, etc): You can't escape them. You move, they move - and land on you. Its unnatural.
5. Under the bed: Yes, I still get scared of something reaching out and grabbing me from under the bed. I back away and stare at my feet when I change the sheets.
6. Swimming in lakes, rivers, oceans where I can't see through the water: Now, this fear only applies to being in the water alone. If I am swimming with other people, I am usually ok. Not sure why. I guess if I'm in a group, I've got other people who could get eaten first- in turn giving me adequate time to make my escape. Nice, I know.
7. Putting my hand in the garbage disposal: Anyone else get REALLY paranoid while doing this? Quite often MC's bottle tops will fall down in there. I can just see the retarded thing malfunctioning and turning on the moment I stick my hand in there to retrieve it.
8. The Dark: Yes. I am still afraid of the dark. We have nightlights in almost every room in the house (In attempts to not seem like a 5 year old child, several of them are air fresheners... Its a lot easier to seem normal to your husband when you plug in a light up air freshener for the sake of smelliness than plugging in a huge light bulb while explaing that his 26 year old wife can't be alone in a dark room because SOMETHING will get her)
9. People don't like me: Yup. I guess this goes back to my perfectionistic attitude. I pretty much always assume people don't like me.
10. Squirrels: I was also bitten by a squirrel. I feel like Matthew McConaughey in "Failure To Launch" - nature rejects me.
I think I have let you in on quite enough of my crazed mind. Now I am going to go wrap up in a blanket and enjoy a good book - in a well lit room, away from all beds, spiders, bodies of water, insects, garbage disposals, and squirrels :)