Aug 14, 2009

Oh the Updates...

Wow, I know it hasn't been THAT long since I have blogged, but it feels like forever! Well let me begin by telling you about my near death experience the other day... (well, not really, but it was scary and I seriously thought I was dying). Alright, so it had been an ordinary morning. I woke up early for work, had a cinnamon roll (yum yum) and took my shower. Then, when I was putting on my make-up, I started feeling kinda light headed and dizzy. My arms felt really heavy too. Then, I started getting really nauseous. I was thinking "wow, thats weird. I haven't felt sick at all in the past three months.." Well, then I started feeling short of breath so I decided I should sit down for a minute, thinking it would go away. Oh no. I was barely able to hold my head up after sitting down. Everything stated getting dark around the edges and I started getting really hot and sweating. I was breathing, but felt like I wasn't getting enough oxygen; like I had just run a marathon or something. Then, my whole upper body started pulsing (ya know like when you get really hot in a sauna or hot tub and you can almost feel your heart beating in your head). Anyway, at this point I was totally freaking out. My first thought was oh my God, the baby. I sat there for a good 5-10 minutes wondering what in the world to do. When I started noticing the symptoms going down a little I immediately went to get mom. I told her everything that had gone on and she said I needed to go lay down. She got the blood pressure cuff and took my blood pressure which was 96/53. Then, she gave me some OJ and said I should call the doctor when they open. Well after lying down for a while I started feeling ok, so I went on into work. On the way, I called the doctor and they said to come in that afternoon.


Soooo, I went into the doctor and told them all about my ordeal (of course I was thinking about the poll I mentioned earlier. The on going one about how many times that "crazy Martin lady" will call. Now they probably have a more broad one - how many times will the crazy Martin lady freak out about something...) I really hated to bother them again, but the whole thing really did freak me out. I have never experienced anything like that before. Well anyway, they drew some blood, took my BP and what not and I talked to the RN about everything. She said my blood pressure has been running pretty low so it could be that it just got too low. However, she said she thought it was my blood sugar. When they tested it while I was at the office it was 74 and the RN said they like it to be around 100. She said when it hits 60 they start getting really concerned. She talked to me about the types of foods I need to be eating and things I can do to control it. She said if anything else occurred to call, but that we can probably keep it under control with my diet.


Apparently I have a bit of a carb problem.... haha. Like I didn't know that. I'm sure I have mentioned that I could eat pasta and bread all day everyday and never grow tired of it. Anyway, I don't eat meat a great deal and apparently that helps to regulate your blood sugar levels. I have to get more protein and eat more snacks throughout the day to help. Let's hope that solves the situation. I don't really feel like another instance of seeing my life flash before my eyes in the middle of the bathroom.

In other news, today is Adam's birthday. Now, we all know how horrible it is that he is in Iraq, but deciding what to get someone in Iraq for their birthday is no picnic either. I mean, what do you buy for someone who wears the same thing everyday and pretty much can't own anything over there? I have already sent so many packages, I was out of ideas of things to send! So, I got the idea to make him a little slide show of pictures put to the song "Lucky" by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat. (I'm not sure if you've ever listend to the lyrics but it was so perfect for us. Even talks about them being able to hear each other talking over the deep blue ocean.. so us.) Anyway, I started working on it a few weeks ago and had it almost done except for adding in the audio. I had wanted Adam to have it on his birthday, but I knew his parents were mailing his new hard drive to me so I decided to wait until I got the hard drive so I could put it on there. I knew he wouldn't get it on his birthday, it would be a few days late, but I thought it would be worth it and he wouldn't care. So anyway, today I go to put in the audio and my stupid computer either can't find the song or when it does it says its protected and won't import it! I messed with the stupid thing for like 5 hours today. I was ready to kill someone. You don't frustrate a pregnant woman. Someone will end up dead. Well, I tried to get over it but apparently it was too late. The whole ordeal had sent my hormones into a frenzy and I cried all day. I felt like the worst wife in the world. I had waited about sending stuff so I could put the slideshow on the hard drive, but now in addition to not having a package to open on his birthday, Adam didn't even have a gift! I mean it was horrible. I can't explain how terrible I felt. He called me later in the day and all I could do was sob hysterically and talk incoherently about being the worst wife in the world. Poor guy... he probably thought it was a good enough birthday present that he wasn't here to experience the psycho-ness that is pregnancy.


I eneded up just packing up all the other things I had together and taking them to the post office anyway. I explained the whole situation to Adam earlier and told him I would try to look and the slideshow and fix it later when I wasn't in crazy mode. I still feel sick that he is getting his piece of cake and birthday cards a week after his bday though. Oh well. I took a nice long walk with Abby as some therapy and I'm feeling a little better about the situation. I did get to talk to him again around dinner time and I think he felt better that I had kinda pulled myself together! haha.

Tomorrow should be a good day. Mom and I are driving to Huntsville to register at Babies-R-Us. I'm looking forward to going to a BIG place that is nothing but baby! (Yeah, down here in the big 'ole city of Florence we aint got nothin' like that... hahaha) I mean we've got a Target and stuff, but its not really anything compared to Babies-R-Us. I hate Adam can't go, but then again I'm not sure of any man that would be excited about doing that all day.


I suppose those are all the major updates for now! I'm not dying and I stopped crying. That's the whole gist of this post. haha. Man, I need to find some more interesting topics to discuss...Hope you all have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"not dying...stopped crying..." it sounds like you have the basics of a hit country♪tune♬ here!

Becky said...

I LOVE that song by Jason Mraz!! :) I am glad nothing is seriously wrong! You better eat some chicken or something, or get your dad to grill another one of his awesome steaks! :) Hope you have a great week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews