Aug 28, 2009

Jessica & Julia


Forget Julie & Julia, I am going to be the next amazing chef. I whipped up the most amazing pregnancy dish the other day (yes, I classify it as a "pregnancy dish" because it probably sounds disgusting and no one in their right mind would eat it unless they were pregnant and could appreciate the complete diversity of ingredients). So as you all know I am a huge fan of mac and cheese. I would eat it everyday if I could. However, with all the problems I am having with my blood sugar I really need to be eating things besides carbs. I can't every well cut them out so I am trying to incorporate them into more well balanced meals. Anyway, when I got home the other day I was CRAVING some mac and cheese. I thought to myself "Jess, you know you need to have some protein and vegetables if you are going to eat mac and cheese..." Then I remember a long time ago seeing a recipe on a box of Velveeta shells and cheese that I tried and it was pretty good; Velveeta shells and cheese mixed with tuna and green peas. Mmmmm sounded tasty. I knew we had tuna so I was good there. Then, I went in search of peas. Nowhere to be found of course. I scowered the kitchen and freezers, but no peas. I was trying to think of a decent substitute...


Well, I also adore mac and cheese with corn. (Don't ask why, but if we have mac and cheese and corn as side dishes for dinner, I usually end up putting them side by side so I can mix them. Its delectable.) I checked around and we did have frozen corn, but I thought my dish needed more color. Then, I saw a can of Mexi-corn in the pantry. If you aren't familiar with this its just regular corn with chopped green and red peppers. Ah, just the splash of color I needed. So into my prepared pot of shells and cheese goes a can of tuna and a can of Mexi-corn. (Try to contain your upchurning stomach if you aren't pregnant haha). I'm telling you though, it was fantastic! Cheesy, crunchy, pure awesomeness. I know, its not quite the dish to win food network's challenge, but to my oh so distraught palate it was a little taste of heaven...

PlusPlus

Equals

2 comments:

Katie said...

haha I love mac and cheese, but I will pass on the tuna and peas.

Tassie said...

this is basically the ingrediants to tuna helper so it really makes sense!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews