So first of all, I have to say thank you to TBMommy for giving me a blog award! I'm so honored! And let me tell you, what a week for it! I feel like I have had the best week ever and there is so much to catch everyone up on!
Let's begin here... well, according to this blog award, I am to tell 7 things about myself and then tag 7 more bloggers to pass the award to. Well, its a shame I shared my 35 random things not too long ago. I wonder if I can come up with 7. Oh, I know, I can discuss a few of my updates in my 7 things :)
1. I find out the sex of our baby TOMORROW!!!!! I can't even explain how freaking excited I am!!!! I know I won't be able to sleep tonight. My bets are on a boy, but we will soon see!!!
2. I just adore my husband. He finally got his internet going so we got to Skype for the first time!!! I'm telling you, seeing his face with that big 'ole grin has got to be one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. We are having a lot of trouble with his internet connection, but I still want to find the person who invented the web cam and give them a huge kiss.
3. Right now one of my most favorite things in the world is feeling baby kick! He (or she) is SO active! Especially in the evening!
4. No matter how excited I get, I am terrified of being a mommy! Typical fears I guess - ya know, that I will totally screw up my kids life! I like Kristen's advice to me "Jess, you are gonna screw them up no matter what you do, so just relax." What would I do without her?
5. Comments on my blog totally make my day. I get warm fuzzies knowing people read this for some reason.
6. I am almost over the fat comment that was made to me.
7. As soon as I find out the sex of the baby I am going shopping. I've been holding it in for 5 long months!!!
Again, TBMommy, thanks so much for the award. You make me smile.
I would like to pass the award to these note-worthy blogs: Tassie, Laura, Hope, Jordan, Becky, Angie and Amanda. Thanks for also making me smile daily.
So as you can tell, this has been a GREAT week. I mean of course there were the downs (there have been two nights where I cried for a long time with Adam. Seeing his face makes me remember how much I miss him and how desperately I want him here.) But overall, its been exciting. I mean, first, Adam and I had our first web cam date. As I mentioned it was so amazing. I got to show off the baby belly which he hasn't seen and I showed him some of the cute things I have gotten the baby. Seeing his face that first time was almost enough to make me cry. He is the most adorable thing ever and his gigantic smile just totally lit up my day. I love being so loved.
So if seeing my husband for the first time in a while wasn't enough, we find out the baby's sex tomorrow! Some of you are probably thinking "well, you'll get to find out if the baby cooperates..." Oh he will. As I said before, I will sit my fat butt (ok, I'm not totally over T's comment) in that waiting room until I do find out. I don't care if I have to pay extra to go back 15 different times. They are gonna tell me the sex of my baby. haha. Mom told me a patient at her office reccomended drinking some caffine before you go to get the baby moving. I'll let ya know how that works... (I haven't had a single drop of caffine since I found out I was pregnant so I am looking forward to a small cup of coffee in the morning.Ok, I'm lying. I won't enjoy it - I will inhale it. I miss coffee dearly.)
So let's recap, I get to see Adam, I get to find out Baby Martin's sex, and today I find out someone has left me a blog award. The fun just keeps coming. Watch, tomorrow they'll tell me I'm having twins or something. Nah, I'm just kidding. We have already had like 3 ultrasounds and they haven't seen a Baby Martin #2 so I think we're in the clear.
I'm trying to recall if there have been any funny work stories to share, but I just can't seem to think of anything. Perhaps my brain is clogged by all of the excitement. (I dont' think "clogged" would be the right word. When I think of "clogged", I think of a garbage disposal - and I definately don't want to hit the grind button on this feeling. Maybe "clouded". Yeah, clouded is better. That makes me think of clouds. Which makes me think of heaven. Which makes me happy. Yes, I am definately "clouded" with exciement.) I feel like a little kid at Christmas. I'm ready to get a glimpse inside my ever growing "box" to see what the gift is!
Since my bets are on a boy, Adam and I started playing around with names tonight when we talked to each other. We want to incorporate a family name (either as a first or middle name) and then there are a few others we just like. I made a list to organize our thoughts (yeah, OCD organizer) and have been playing with combinations all night. I might let you in on a few we like tomorrow ;) I must say that this name thing is causing me a great deal of stress. We all know my feels on making decisions and this is like one of the biggest decisions ever. I mean I will be screaming this name thousands of times in the years to come. I can't very well be stuck yelling a name I have grown to hate. Too much pressure. A name is forever. Its how he will be known. If I mess it up, I could mess up his whole life. What if he gets teased because of his name? Who's to blame? MOM! Ah, the stress....
Well I have got to get to bed and attempt to get some sleep (however, i know its a hopeless cause). Did I mention I haven't slept in FOREVER? I keep waking up! I don't know whats going on with me... for the past 2 weeks or so I just haven't been able to sleep. I wake up every 45-1 hour and just lay there. I'm not sure if the pregnancy has messed up my sleep pattern or what! Well, I am now becomming prepared for little one! Be looking for that "Its a...." post! Keep your fingers crossed baby won't do the same with his/her legs!!!!