Jul 15, 2009

Mini Vacay

Well, as I might have mentioned, our office took off this week for vacation. Now, I would hardly call my little outing a vacation, but it was nice to get a way for a while. First, I went to visit my best friend Kristen in Birmingham. We met our freshman year of college. We both didn't know a single person when we started state and just went pot luck with the dorm situation. They ended up pairing us together and we've been best friends ever since! I don't know what I would do without this girl. She is seriously my absolute best friend in the world (besides Adam). So when I got there Friday night we went to the mall and, being the awesome person she is, did nothing but look at maternity clothes with me. The outing was productive. I was able to find a few new things.


The next day we headed to the summit and Kris got her turn to do a little shopping. I was so pooped by the end of the day. Its amazing how tired a five and a half inch long baby in your belly can make you! Then, we headed to Kristen's mom's house for an awesome dinner. I love this chick too. Her mom is so fun! After that it was back to Kristen's for some TV and then we went to bed. I know, it got a little crazy! haha. I guess I'm not as much fun pregnant.

Monday Kristen had to go to work so I headed off to Jackson to visit Adam's parents. We had a really nice time. Both of his parents took off Tuesday so his mom and I went to lunch and did some baby shopping. We found some cute places there so I can't wait to go back when we FINALLY find out what we're having.

I have to say though, it was so strange being at their house without Adam. I mean, every time I have ever been there he has been with me. His old room has become "our room" at their house and I have to admit that I got kinda down staying in there alone. I opened his closet and saw some of his old clothes and almost lost it at first. I mean, every inch of the house made me think of him. I have probably said this a thousand times, but I really do feel like the luckiest person in the world. He is the most amazing man ever. I could go on forever about all of the awesome things he does and how incredible he is, but I will spare you the mushy details.

So while everything was pretty uneventful for the most part, you know I never fail to deliver a funny story. So I was driving back to Florence from Jackson on the Natchez Trace. If you are familiar with this at all, you know its real name should be "the scary highway moms freak out about". Its one of those long roads that winds through the woods and has aboslutely nothing on it except a few rest stops here and there with restrooms. Anyway, I tend to be very cautious when I get off at one of these because there have been cases of girls being raped or killed (or maybe my mom just TOLD me that... sneaky). So I stopped at one of them (well, lets get real... I am pregnant. I stopped at all of them) and when I was walking towards my car, I heard this sound behind me. Of course my heart skipped a beat and I whirrled around to see what it was. I didn't see anything so I kept walking... then the buzzing got really loud. I turned around again and there was the biggest, fattest bee I have ever seen. I'm not talking one of those little ones - I mean the big fat fuzzy ones. It was on the attack. I thought after a few swats this thing would get the idea and go away. Oh no. It was there for the kill. We faced off. I was swinging, but it kept coming at me. I couldn't get away from it! I know bee's don't exactly have facial expressions, but this one looked seriously pissed for some reason! I realized my timid little hand wasn't doing the trick so I started swinging my keys. Now, think to yourselves about how this would look to the people passing by on the road. Yeah, therein lies the laugh. I shit you not, it was like something straight out of a Chris Farley movie (well, minus the fat guy). I would've laughed my butt off if I had been driving by a rest stop and seen a girl almost in tears swinging keys around in the air. I know your hearts are pounding so let me continue... I was getting really irritated at this point. This damn bee was out out for me and I had done nothing. I took my huge set of keys and swung really hard right at him. HAHA! Stunned! I quickly made my escape. I sat in the car for a minute, scared he had managed to weasel his way in. No buzzing. I was safe. (I know, you can all breathe a sigh of relief now)

Other than the war bee, nothing new to report. I got a chance to talk to Adam while I was gone so that was happy. He is doing fine and he's actually heard they might be back in April instead of May or June like we had originally thought!YAY! I'm going to try not to get my hopes up though cause you never know with the army. Let's just keep our fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Katie said...

that bee was vicious!! Glad you gave it the smack down!

Becky said...

You are so funny!! I can only imagine the sight of you swatting the bee!! My mom HATES when I drive the Natchez Trace. And I have heard the stories as well, so maybe there is some truth....you never know! I hope you have enjoyed your week off!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews