Feb 16, 2010

Paranormal Paranoia and Fierce MC

Anyone seen Paranormal Activity? Let me just say this - scary. I have a very long, tumultuous history with scary movies. When I was younger, my nanny used to let me watch scary movies (hey, what are grandparents for?) So I developed a scary movie complex early on. They terrified me. Even as a teenager I couldn't handle them. Now, I am not referring to the scary serial killer movies. Those I can deal with. Give me blood and guts all day long. No, its the supernatural stuff that freaks me out. With all that said, my relationship with horror flicks changed when I met Adam. Maybe its because I was sleeping next to a Ranger (aka badass), but they oddly didnt bother me anymore. Not particularly sure why... I mean, yes, my husband is tough, but what could he even do if some crazy ghost decides to pay me a visit? You can't exactly choke hold something thats not really there. I digress... anyway, after we got together I was all about some scary movies. Couldn't find one that would scare me enough. I was on a quest for a true scary movie. Never found one. Well, until now.


This movie is downright freakish. Once again, maybe its the fact that I no longer have my own personal Rambo in the bed next to me, but, whatever the reason, I am scared. Its bad people. I haven't slept in two days. I keep waiting to feel some unknown being breathing on me, or my door to eerily close by itself, or to be yanked out of my bed and dragged down the hall. I want to get it out of my head, but unfortunately Maggie Claire isnt exactly fierce enough to scare anything away...
This is my sleeping angel. No, she is not cheering, she is in fact sleeping. My little darling sleeps each night with her arms and hands straight up and out or up beside her head...
Either way, the arms have to be up. Its quite hilarious. While I have completely gone off on a tangent from my prior ghost discussion, I have to continue on and share more cuteness that is Maggie Claire. She has also developed an obsession with her "head blankies". Yes, I coined that term. I don't really know what else to call them. She has three little blankets that have animal heads sewn on them - a hipp, a lamb, and an elephant. Here is my sweetie clutching her elephant.

...And her "lamb-y"...
Now, while I do think she likes the concept of an animal head sewn onto a small blanket (haha) it is probably just the softness of them she enjoys. Case in point - when she doesn't have a lovey, she will pull her regular blanket up to her face and hold on to it...
Well, MC may not be able to scare away ghosts, but she's pretty cute so I think I'll keep her around anyway ;)

2 comments:

Katie said...

she is so precious! as always!!

Brittany said...

She is so precious! I love reading your blog and I am constantly amazed at your strength! You are such an amazing wife and mother and the fact that you can sanely deal with your husband serving in Iraq never ceases to amaze me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews