Jan 13, 2010

Melts My Heart

My child has officially stolen my heart. I knew I loved my child, but I had NO IDEA just how deep this affection had gone until today. It was my first day back at work. Granted as I have mentioned, I am leaving MC with my aunt - not some stranger. Also, I am only working 2 1/2 days a week - not every day. However, after I left her this morning for the first time I cried. On the way to work I was able to pull myself together and looked forward to being around adult conversation. Then, I came home. The whole way home I was overcome with excitement and couldn't wait to see Maggie Claire. I walked in and saw her lying in her pack and play and immedidately started bawling hysterically. I scooped her up and just kept repeating "mommy's here!!!" like some insane person. I know she's only 6 1/2 weeks old, but I swear the child smiled when I picked her up and started talking to her. Anyway, I then thought about the fact that I had just missed an entire day of her life. Her short little baby life. I cried more...

After what seemed like an eternity of just holding her and staring, I was finally able to set her down long enough to check facebook and write this post. But, I'm done now. Soooo, I'm gonna go pick her up again.

1 comment:

Katie said...

you are so cute :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews