Apr 7, 2010

Happiness and Heartache

First of all HAPPY EASTER! We had a wonderful Easter together as a family this year. Didn't do a whole lot of anything -just the usual: lunch, mass, photos, you know how it goes. Anyway, here are some pics of us and MC (My parents started a tradition getting me a stuffed bunny every year at Easter so I am carrying it on with MC.... however, instead of one stuffed bunny she ended up with 3 hehe)

Now for the heartache - my baby's second round of shots!!!! Ugh!!! It should be a crime for a baby to feel any pain! Yes, Adam and I filmed it... my mother (whom MC and I lived with until Adam came back) has been having MAJOR MC withdrawls so she wanted to see "her" baby haha. Its quite sad seeing her cry, but I promise she was fine after just a minute of me holding her!

Other than the pain of seeing her cry during her shots, the checkup went GREAT! This was our first time seeing the pediatrician in Starkville and he was FABULOUS!!! I just can't say enough great things about him! If you live in Starkville or ever move there, I would (a thousand times over) suggest Dr. Ruff. The nurse who was with us was also WONDERFUL. It was just an all around great experience. However, I do have to say that I never imagined I would have such a big baby! Adam and I are both fairly small in stature, however 4 month old MC is in the 90th percentile for both weight and height. She weighed in at 14 lbs and 12oz and was 25 1/4 inches long! (on a side note, let me just say that I'm glad they give the not-so-smart parents an explanation of the percentile thing. I received a piece of paper saying stating her numbers and it said that 90th percentile means she is larger than 90 out of 100 babies her age. Wow. Chunky monkey. The doctor also gave a large "Wow!" when I told him how much she is eating a day.)

Of course we all know that the most important part of the appointment was how I was received in all my crazy paranoia. I am happy to report that the nurse and the doctor did not seem at all ready to add me to the "way-too-crazy-mom" list. (Even if they were, they didn't show it, and to me that's just as good as not being on it.) The doctor was (or appeared to be) happy to answer my long list of questions and did not seem rushed to hurry to the next patient. I felt important and listened to so I couldn't be happier!

Happy hump day everyone!

1 comment:

Katie said...

adorable pictures! Happy Hump day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews