Oct 15, 2009

A Tale of Two Showers

So first of all I had a horrible fat pregnant lady moment this morning (Or an old woman moment - can't decide). I actually slipped getting out of the shower. You hear about this all the time - old person slips in the shower and breaks a hip. However, very rarely does the potential catastrophic nature of the incident hit you utnil you have something to worry about should you slip. As young adults, we slip, we fall, we get up. (This usually involves laughter at some point) Anyway, its simple. However, now that I am quite pregnant, I have begun to realize the sheer terror of the "shower slip".


So, it had been a successful endeavor so far. (Any shower which involves me being able to pick my foot up to the point of washing it is considered highly rewarding.) I happily opened the door and stuck my foot out to step on the mat, when - SQUEEEEEEK. My foot that remained in the shower slipped (probably due to me leaning over a bit and the weight of the belly). Anyway, thank goodness I was holding onto the door. I managed to catch myself before I went belly first to the ground. I stood there for a moment thinking - man, that was lucky. Then, I went to carefully remove my remaining foot from the shower. Thats when I felt the pain and the thought came "oh lord, I am officially a big fat pregnant lady. I have just pulled something in my leg trying to catch myself from slipping in the shower..." Geez.


I have been having major back pain so I figured with my little spastic fall this morning I should call trusty Dr. M for a chiropractic adjustment. I mean I was hobbling around like a 90 year old this morning attempting to finish getting ready for work. However, since my luck is about zilch right now, of course I would happen to get hurt on a Thursday - the one day they are closed. Oh happy day. I won't be able to get to see them until Monday due to my little venture this weekend...



Which ironically is a perfect segway into shower number two (hence the title for this post). This is a happy shower though -a baby shower! Yay! My wonderful mother-in-law is throwing a diaper shower for me in Madison this weekend. I hate to admit this, but I had never heard of a diaper shower. Apparently guests bring anything and everything related to diapers as gifts - actual packages of diapers, wipe warmers, diaper genies, etc. I think it will be super fun and SUPER helpful! I'm sure I haven't even begun to absorb exactly how many diapers a baby goes through.



On a completely different note, I forgot to mention a super funny story in my last post. Remember how I took care of Lauren and Emily over the weekend? So, while we were at church together Sunday, Lauren had me all but rolling on the floor laughing (great timing, I know). We were sitting down and Lauren had her head on my shoulder. Well about that time, Maggie Claire was really getting into the music or something and started doing a little belly dance. My stomach was jumping all over the place. Lauren must've been watching my belly because all of a sudden she turned and looked up at me with these "deer in headlights" eyes. I couldn't help but laugh. I smiled at her and whispered "is Maggie moving?". Her mouth dropped open and she just started shaking her head up and down. Needless to say, my belly was of much more interest the rest of the mass than what the priest was saying...haha.

1 comment:

Katie said...

glad you survived the shower escapade!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews