Apr 11, 2012

Say What?!

Kid's Say the Darndest Things. Bill Cosby knew it. Now, I know it. I honestly don't know where she comes up with some of these things. Regardless, I'm glad she's a little nutty. How can you have a bad day when things like this come out of your child's mouth?

Bed-head beauty comes strutting into our room one morning. After saying good morning and saying she slept well, she climbs into our bed and looks at me square in the eye. She places her hands on the side of my face and says "Mommy, you've got to sit still and be quiet! When we go see Jesus no talking and be still!" Well, at least I know she's listening to SOME of the things I say. She was so prepared, I didn't have the heart to tell her it was Monday.

A few weeks ago I put MC down to change her poopy diaper. She looked at me and says (as matter-of-factly as if she's telling me the sky is blue) "Mommy, I've got a meatball." Of course I needed clarification for this seemingly random statement. Me - "What do you mean baby?" MC - "I got a meatball in my diaper momma." She has since taken to affectionately calling every "#2" by this name. If my child says she's got a meatball you better steer clear because it doesn't mean we're having spaghetti.

Walking to the park and we pass a man wearing a black doo-rag. MC gets EXTREMELY excited and starts pointing and says "Mommy, he's a pirate!!" Note to self - cut back on Jake and the Neverland Pirates....

Ah, if only I could carry a pen and paper around with me everywhere to record ALL of the craziness that comes out of that child's mouth. Love her.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews