Apr 1, 2012

Working on it

It was recently brought to my attention that I don't blog anymore. I'm aware. While the comment may or may not have come from my parents, I will accept it for what it is. A fervent plea for the reinstatement of my hilarious antics. I concede. You win Dorothy and Steve millions of die hard readers who are emailing me constantly.

I suppose a brief explanation for my absence is in order. So brief actually it can be summed up in two simple words - Maggie Claire. Oh yes. This sweet angel face has been holding every second of my attention and I couldn't be happier about it. Why? Well, besides the fact that I am coming to the realization my time staying at home will soon come to an end, this little diva is probably one of the funniest people I have ever met. (If you are a friend or acquaintance of mine please don't take offense to the fact that you have been "out-funnied" by a two year old. She really is that good.) I thought I might share a few of the one liners that keep me rolling on the floor daily:

I was reading one of her books to her when she started reading it herself (yes, she has it memorized) I took that as a cue for me to stop reading. Not the case. My diva stops mid sentence, looks straight at me and says "Mommy, I can't hear you..." in the most matter-of-fact voice I have ever heard.

Looking at the animals on her sippy cup MC says "Mommy what's that?" I thought she had just forgotten the name so I said "Well, that's a leopard". She turns to me and says "No mommy, that's not a leopard, that's a cheetah. Good try." Obviously had I known I was going to be given a pop quiz I would've studied.

Sometimes when MC is being stubborn and won't get out of the tub (even after the water has drained out) Adam will start annoying her by blowing on her so she'll get cold. Apparently this backfired tremendously. The other night I was doing dishes and hear "Daddy, blow me!" being yelled in the bathroom.

There are many others but, unfortunately, they have escaped me for the moment. I even have a book to write down funny things your child says - but can I ever remember to do it? Of course not. I don't give a flip if the child is two, I am still claiming baby brain. Most days I feel "on top of things" if I can remember what day of the week it is.

As I was saying before I got on my one liner tangent, I have just been plain busy. If I ever hear anyone say stay-at-home moms don't work I will punch them in the jugular. I'm not even kidding. Yes, working a full time job while raising a child is difficult. I've been there too. However, there's something about staying at home with a two year old all day that can occasionally make you want to murder someone.... usually your husband. This brings on a whole new set of problems, just so you know. Lucky for Adam he is gone most of the time. He only has to fear for his life on Wednesdays and Fridays.

I kid, I kid. Well, sort of. Adam IS gone a lot for school but I don't want to murder him. I'll keep him. He buys me wine sometimes.

Even though having a husband in grad school and staying home with a toddler is tough at times, I wouldn't have it any.other.way. I am truly blessed to have been able to stay home with my angel almost every day from the day she was born. I have been able to see and experience her entire life thus far. All of her "firsts", all of her sentences, all of her laughs, all of her boo-boo's. I get busy and neglect the blog but she'll go to college one day, right? Yeah, I should have some time then.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews