Feb 28, 2011

I Can't Think Of A Good Title

Lack of title - does this give you any inkling as to the recent happenings in the Martin house? That's right, my mind is mush. I'm truly surprised I have even been able to function without a meticulously composed and detailed description of what I am supposed to be doing each day. My mind is so mushy that it would need to include - get dressed, brush teeth, and the like. Yeah, its that bad.I feel that the combination of lack of sleep, extreme stress, and being INSANELY busy have all compiled to produce a mushy brained mommy. But, hey, you do what ya can. Here's a little of the going-on's at our house...


First of all, an update on MC. I have still not determined MC's night wakings. Its got me dumbfounded. However, I do have to say that she's gotten A LOT better. She is only waking 2-3 times a week and she's only crying about 2-5 minutes or so each time. Granted, its not the best situation to be woken up in the middle of the night by a crying baby considering I am a sucky sleeper and it usually takes me an hour or so to go back to sleep. Anyway, the solution we have found for the problem? Let her cry. It might sound harsh to some, but its the only thing that gets her back to sleep. She'll cry a few minutes and then lay down and go to sleep. Before, when we would go in her room, we would do the back and forth thing for over an hour. And when we layed her down after coming in, the crying was even more severe than when she had initially started. Hopefully, over time, she will not cry when she wakes up, but until then, we are letting her learn to put herself back to sleep.



In other news, I'm not sure If I've mentioned our move to North Carolina. Moving to a city in which you've never been is enough stress in itself to kill you. Literally. You have the daunting task of finding a place to live, finding a job, finding a daycare - all the while you are 10 hours away and can't even drive around the city to get a feel of good locations. However, I must say that we've been EXTREMELY blessed by being given several contacts in the area who have given us a good deal of information about things. Bless them.


While trying to arrange everything for the move, Adam has also been working himself ragged. If he's not working on his huge senior project, he's studying for the GRE or other class tests, or trying to help me with MC and the house. This man is amazing. He works so hard for his family. He usually goes to bed around 3am then he's up at 7am getting ready for class. Blows my mind. Speaking of my super-man hubs, he is taking the GRE today so if you could happen to think of him around 12:00 today and say a little prayer we would all appreciate it :)


In addition to the above mentioned, things are also starting to pick up in the real estate market so I too have been super busy. Winter is usually a little slow, but around March/April/May, things really start picking up. Hoping this year is a great one!


I've probably spoken enough rubbish for one morning. I hope everyone has a fantastic Monday and I'm sure MC will put a smile on your face just as she does mine ;)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews