Oct 27, 2010

30 day blog challenge - Day 7

Day 7: Favorite Movies

To say that I'm an 80's movie fanatic would probably be an extreme understatement. It's past the point of "oh, she's cute with her little 80's movie "thing"", and moved on to "oh, how unfortunate. That poor girl is a complete loser and is completely unaware..."

However, I will face the critique and stand type proudly that, yes, my name is Jessica and I am obsessed with 80's movies.


Pretty in Pink - oh my gosh. Sixteen Candles - love it. Weird Science - don't even go there. The Goonies - nothing left to say. And the ultimate in 80's movies and the movie I could watch a billion times and never grow tired of...


THE BREAKFAST CLUB

I mean, seriously? Is this not entertainment at its finest? I would have to say yes.

Now, with that being said, I do enjoy movies that were not released circa 1980-something. Steel Magnolias? Wait, that was 80's too... um, Rain Man? Ok, so a lot of them are from the 80's.

Newer movies just don't have the same charisma! However, when it comes to new movies, I do enjoy a good scary movie. While the whole I'm-gonna-break-in-your-house-and-chop-you-up movies don't really affect me, you can forget it when it comes to ghostly ghouls and crazy posessed children. The Ring? Um, yeah, had to sleep with my college dorm roommate after seeing that. (Yes, in the dorm twin size bed). The Exorcist? Didn't sleep for YEARS. However, I must have some strange self-destructive disease because I am still drawn to these movies and actively seek them out. The hubs is at his wits end. If any of you saw "The Fourth Kind" you probably didn't think much of it. However, the hubs said that he saw this crazy movie overseas that actually happened and he thought it was more indicitive of the devil and demons as opposed to alien entities. Now, watch the movie with that in the back of your mind and see if you,too, dont end up sleeping on the couch while you wait for your husband to come to bed because you can't be in the bedroom alone...

As far as other favorites I would have to say Legends of the Fall (man, was that 80's too?), Forgetting Sara Marshall (probably one of the funniest movies I have EVER seen), Reign on Me, Dan in Real Life, The Lakehouse (don't hate - it doesn't get any better than Sandra and Keanu). I could really go on for a long time, but unfortunately work calls...

I'm really going to try to do a better job with this 30-day challenge. So far I'm not doing so hot with it. If it were a diet, I would still be fat. Just saying.

Happy Hump Day!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews