Jul 24, 2010

Nope, Haven't Died

No readers, I haven't died. However, I feel like I could. Things around the Martin house have been INSANE! First and foremost, I got a job. I'm working as a patient care coordinator for Beltone Audiology. While the job is in Columbus (about a 30 minute drive) its been great so far. The bad news? I still have yet to get into the routine of the "working mom". I get home between 5:30 and 5:45... just in time to either feed MC, or watch Adam finish feeding her. I then have about 45 minutes to see her before its time for her bath and bed! Now, during this short window of time I have with MC,of course I want to play with her. Its the only time I get to spend with her during the day (I'm sure you know how chaotic the mornings are trying to get both of us ready!) So by the time I or Adam feed her her bottle at 7 and put her to bed, we still haven't even had time to think about dinner (let alone eat it). So as you can see, there are still a lot of kinks to work out. Dinner being the main one I suppose. Even if I do start cooking as soon as I walk in the door, its going to be at least 6:30 before its ready and by that time its time for little bits bath, bottle, and bed. So we still don't get to even eat until about 7:30. I wake up at 5 each morning so, as you can imagine, I don't want to go to bed any later than 9 or 10. That leaves me two hours each night to cook/eat, do laundry, do dishes, clean the house, and iron clothes and pack my lunch for the next day. Can we say EXHAUSTING??!! Sorry for the pity party - I realize its all just part of being a mom and I better get used to it. Its gotten a little better. I spend a lot of the weekend cooking so I can freeze meals for us to have during the week and that has seemed to help some.



MC is still doing great. Crawling everywhere and pulling up on everything. We also just started trying a sippy cup - pics to come. She's not too sure what to think about it, but I guess she'll learn to like it eventually! Well, time to feed little one!!! I'll post some more pics and details soon :)

4 comments:

Susannah said...

Girl, I totally understand! My secret is to make/plan ahead of time and then to try to account for days I know will be longer. For example: Mondays I am at the gym and then pick up the baby at 5:15, so by the time we get home it is about 5:30 or 5:45. We eat baby food, play, bathe, then get ready for bed. Hubby gets home and gives her the milk while I start dinner. It may be something like chicken breast, frozen broccoli, and a box of noodles, but it is still healthy and quick. My favorite days are crock pot meals! We walk in after Weight Watchers on Wednesdays and have a meal all ready to go. It is hard, but gets easier. And, like you say, it helps to do things ahead of time like packing lunch and laying out clothes. Good luck!

*Maybe* Baby ♥ Mama said...

Our journey has begun!... secretly though =) 

If I’ve left you this message, you’re probably a follower of my original blog or just someone I happened on and really wanted to invite along for the ride! Though I won’t be revealing who I am just yet – until we’re TO and THROUGH the first trimester! Just getting the word out about our new site – further explanation of all the secrecy and what we’re about on my first post now up. I’d love for you to stop by. 

Exciting things going on around here! 

http://www.definitelymaybebaby.com/

~ the {secret} *Maybe* Baby Mama

Hilary Surratt said...

Hi Jessica! I just found your blog by "googling" Maggie Claire, I'm due in 2 months and we are naming our little girl maggie claire! Your MC is just too precious! I love how you call her MC too, I have already started calling her MC and she isn't even born yet! I'm now following your blog, if you want... you can follow mine too and we can exchange MC stories! :)

Susannah said...

Hope all is well! I have missed your posting and cute MC pics/stories!
xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews