Jan 13, 2011

Icing and a Cherry, Please

You know those weeks that just SUCK. I appologize for my negativity, but I don't care how optimistic and happy-go-lucky your attitude about life may be - you have days that SUCK. This is one of those weeks. One of those weeks where you want to write a letter to life. One that says "oh life, you are just totally rocking my world this week. Thank you so much! Please, please, can I have some icing and cherry to top off the insane amount of nonsense you have bequeathed upon me? Yes? Gee thanks - you're awesome."

I'm not going to piss off my husband bore you with financial troubles... or raising-a-picky-eater dilemas... or begining-a-new-career setbacks. Nope. I am just going to let you in on the icing and cherry life threw atop my stress cupcake yesterday.

As you might have seen in MC's letter to me in the last post, we had snow recently. (In case you're wondering, the city did follow along with its typical practice of the "one snowflake shutdown" and the entire city ceased to function and all bread went missing from the grocery stores) Well, when snow melts and then it gets cold, it freezes. (Please, don't thank me for this useful knowledge - I'm just doing what I can to educate the population) When it freezes we call it ice and it covers an abundance of stuff you walk on - like stairs going from your porch to the sidewalk. Being the observant person I am, I ALWAYS look for ice on my stairs since I live in freakin' Mississippi - one of the coldest places in the US. {If you picked up on that sarcasm, good for you.} So I stepped off the porch and onto the stairs and WHAM - icing order thrown my way. And the cherry? I was carrying my laptop. The computer and my shoes went flying like a kite in the middle of March. If it didn't suck enough to now be sitting on my ass, shoeless, in the middle of the sidewalk, I then got to retrieve my now broken laptop. Is that not the biggest, juciest cherry ever? Thanks life. Keep 'em coming.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

I'm so pissed about the ice storm. I mean obviously we aren't properly equipped to deal with ice and snow in the south.

Sucks pretty bad about your ass. Oh and your laptop.

I hope your day gets better and life stops sucking so hard.

Susannah said...

Oh Jessica, that is awful! I'm so sorry! This ice/snow BS can bite it! Love the sarcastic humor-one of the reasons I love your blog!
xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews