Nov 28, 2011

Terrific Two's

Alas, life just keeps happening and the blogging gets shoved way down on the priority list. ;) I am still here - just busy as usual! In all of the craziness that is our life, somehow my sweet Maggie Claire has grown into an almost-two-year-old. WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN???!!! She will be two years old on Wednesday and I honestly can't say where the time has gone. I look at her with watery eyes much too often thinking it was just the other day that I was rocking her to sleep, or giving her a bottle, or thinking how great it will be when she says "mama". Those days are long gone :( She's now too wiggly to hold for longer than .5 seconds, can feed herself, and screams "mama" on a much too regular basis.

This little child is truly God's greatest gift. I don't know what in the world I did to earn such an amazing blessing from Him. I really thought I had been granted my maximum allowed blessings when I met the man of my dreams, but still God chose to give me bestow on me another. I pray that I can live up to His expectations and raise MC with all of the love that a child of God deserves.

If MC could understand wishes, she might blow out her candles and wish for toys, or books, or shoes (what can I say, she is like her mommy...). However, since she needs another year or two under her belt to grasp this concept, I thought I could make some wishes for her. These are my wishes for my sweet angel.

Maggie Claire,

Aside from Jesus, I love you more than one human could ever love another. You amaze your daddy and I each and every day. Your smile can lift our hearts and your cry can break them. We love you and pray that God continues to bless us with many more years with you. I hope you grow up and are granted each of the hopes and wishes mommy has for you....

*Although you will never meet a man as amazing as your daddy, I hope you try. Let him be man you compare every other to. You deserve the best.

* I hope you discover your many talents and use them to God's glory.

* I hope you find what makes you happy - whether it be serving coffee or being president - and have the confidence and drive to do it.

* I hope you NEVER forget or question God's love for you.

* I hope you are able to find humor and joy in life every.single.day.

* I hope you use every mistake I will inevitably make as a mother to make yourself an even better mom for your child.

* I hope you love yourself and always remember how amazing you are.

* I hope you make friends that love you for you. Friends that will be there for you and support you, just like your daddy and I.

* I hope you have the courage to always stand up for yourself and your morals. Never compromise your integrity sweet girl.

* I hope you never give up on your goals. Stay strong and pray for God's grace when you feel like you just can't do it.

* I hope you learn that its ok to make mistakes. Every mistake is an opportunity for learning.

* I hope you remember that even when you hate us and think we are the worst parents in the world, your daddy and I always have your best interest at heart.

* I hope you always stop to smell the roses and thank God for another day of life.

* I hope you never forget how important family is.

* I hope you give generously - your time, your talents, your money, and your love. Always remember how fortunate you are and those in this world that aren't.

* I hope you truly LIVE life and never have any regrets.

Obviously mommy has many many hopes for you. Don't be overwhelmed. Just remember two things and everything else will fall into place like magic - "love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength and with all your mind; and love your neighbor as yourself".

Happy Birthday my sweet Maggie Claire!!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews