Apr 19, 2011

Baby Scholarship

Have you ever thought people should have to have some sort of qualification to be a parent? I mean I see an 8 month preggo woman standing in a parking lot smoking a cigarette and I think to myself - you have to have a permit to have a yard sale yet any dimwitt can have a child. There should be some sort of application process...





Which leads me to my next point - there should be a "good parent scholarship". Upon the parental application review, the selection committe would pull the best and brightest applicants for said scholarship. Lets face it, there are people in this world who ADORE being parents but just can't afford the cost of another child (I wonder who I could POSSIBLY be referring to) hahaha. Adam and I would LOVE to have another child right now (well, me anyway! The baby bug bit me a while back and it bit HARD) however with him going to grad school its just not in the cards financially. I think since we have had a proven track record - we have kept one kid alive - we should be awarded a full paid child. In my imaginary Jessica world, the government says something along the lines of "you seem to be good people and you like kids and being parents... with that being said we would like to pay YOU to have a baby. That's right Jessica and Adam, we basically think you rock and would like you to bless this world with yet another precious offspring - all expenses paid" Ah, that'd be nice.


I guess until the government can get its act together and formulate this application process I will just have to continue stalking all my pregnant friends on facebook.... all 376 of them. Not really, but it seems like that many...

Happy Tuesday readers, and since I hate to leave on a negative note, here's a little happiness to share! Spring is here - and that means we can finally play outside! Here are a few pics of MC when we got back from the park - look at those precious pink cheeks!




Hooray for Spring!

2 comments:

The Gists said...

I can't agree with you more! I get so frustrated when I think of the expense of just delivering my little one. I look around at all these kids who get to have everything paid for when they have a child, and I have been working since I turned 16 and I don't get any help. I think that responsible adults should be the ones rewarded. We can offer babies a much brighter future than most parents.

Marlee said...

Ha I love your idea of having to go through an application process and also the whole scholarship thing. I'm a graduate student getting my Master's in Counseling, (plus I work at a psychiatric hospital) and I can't tell you how many kids we get that are perfectly fine, it's the parents that are screwing them up!!

www.marleeindebt.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews