Dec 9, 2010

This Post Is Going To Jinx Me

I know that posting about this is going to jinx the whole thing - but I can't help myself. We are making serious progress here people and I have to discuss.

So one of MC's daycare teachers has informed me that MC will not drink from any of the 100 sippy cups we send with her. Duh. She DID inform me that she is all too willing to drink from another kid's sippy cup. She tried putting milk in a sippy cup like the one the other kid had and MC drank the whole thing. She tried this experiment the next day and, again, she drank the whole thing. Sooo, basically in addition to being dramatic and stubborn, now my kid wants to be in a clique. The cool sippy cup clique. Great.

Sooo, what is a mother to do when your child only wants something because someone else has it? Well, right now, my butt is going out to buy 10 of them. If it means my kid actually drinks milk, I would buy anything.

On the home front we are also getting some major improvements. Again, I don't want to jinx myself here, but MC actually downed a whole glass of milk before bed last night. The sippy is one of the many hundres I've bought - and we've tried this one before, however, I guess last night she finally "got it" or something. Its a munchkin with a soft squishy spout like the Nuby ones. Anyway, like I said, I was shocked because I had tried giving her this one before and she wouldn't have any part of it. Also, the one she has been drinking from at school has a hard plastic spout - and this one is soft. It resembles a bottle more so I suppose at night she likes the whole "comfort" of having something more like a bottle. Anyway, going to try it again tonight to see if she's still into it. My only problem is that it seems like she has to suck hard to get liquid out. I feel like she would drink more if it were easier coming out - but on the other hand I don't want to mess with something if its working. I dunno, we'll see what happens tonight.

Speaking of tonight - MC is in her very first Christmas play! I seriously have no idea what 7 little babies are going to do on stage in footed pajamas, but with the cuteness factor, does it really matter? I'm not hoping for an academy award worthy performance - I'm keeping my expectations low. No screaming is really all I'm hoping for at this point. Wish us luck! :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews